- Marinate the chicken pieces with ½ tbsp of Valcom Tom Yum Paste, mix well and set aside for 10 mins.
- Marinade the prawns with ½ tbsp of Valcom Tom Yum Paste, mix well and set aside for 10 mins.
- Pour 1.5L of water into a pot and bring to a boil. Place the straw mushrooms into the boiling water and blanch for 30 secs. Remove from the pot and drain well. Set aside.
- Add the bamboo shoots into the hot water and blanch for 30 secs. Turn off the heat and remove from the pot. Drain well and set aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil on medium heat. Add a pinch of salt into the eggs and mix slightly. Pour the eggs into the wok and let it fry for 1 min.
- Fold the eggs slightly and continue to fry for another min. Stir the eggs into smaller pieces and pan fry until golden brown on each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat another tbsp of oil in the wok, add the chicken pieces into the wok. Stir fry until the chicken pieces are cooked.
- Add the prawns into the wok and stir fry until the prawns are cooked. Add in the bamboo shoots and straw mushrooms, stir well. Then, add in the rice and stir for 1-2 mins.
- Add ½ tbsp water into the remaining tom yum paste to dilute slightly, then pour into the fried rice.
- Lastly, add the fish sauce to the fried rice and stir well until all ingredients are evenly mixed and coated with tom yum sauce.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the kaffir lime leaves. Mix well then serve in a bowl, garnish with chilli slices. Enjoy immediately.