- Place a metal bowl to chill in the refrigerator for 15 mins.
- Spread the coconut in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 7 mins in a 250°C oven. Set aside to cool when ready. Using a mixer, beat thickened cream in the chilled metal bowl at medium speed for 2-3 mins until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir in coconut milk and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Fold in the toasted coconut.
- Pour ice cream mixture into a pan and cover with aluminium foil to freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Top with coconut flakes if desired.