- Rub salt and pepper generously on fish, then dredge with tapioca starch.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok over high heat. When oil starts to smoke, slide the fish in.
- Fry for 4 mins on each side or until browned and crisp. Remove from wok and lay on a serving plate. Reserve about 2 tbsp of the oil and discard the rests.
- Add in the lemon juice, garlic, chillies, fish sauce and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat.
- Toss in onions, cashews, apple and carrot and lightly coat with sauce.
- Pour over the fish and garnish with mint leaves. Serve.