- Boil chicken for 30 mins to prepare the chicken stock. Alternatively, you may also use store-bought chicken stock. Then, set aside.
- Clean fish and make a few slits on both sides. Place fish in a deep dish.
- Mix chicken stock with red chillies, garlic, coriander root, fish sauce and lime juice. Set aside.
- Bring water to a rolling boil to prepare for steaming then reduce heat to moderate. Pour stock over fish.
- Spread Chinese celery on top and steam fish for 10 mins or till fish is cooked.
- Garnish with fresh Chinese celery, chilli strips and lime slices before serving. Serve hot with rice.