- Place all Sour Curry Paste ingredients into a pot and put on high heat to bring to a boil. Boil for 4 mins until the dried chilli is soft.
- Use a stick blender to blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Add palm sugar, tamarind paste and fish sauce for seasoning. Keep boiling for 1 min, then turn the heat to medium for simmer.
- Add white radish and cauliflower, keep cooking for 4 mins. Then add green beans and continue cooking until all vegetables are soft, which takes about 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, add fish sauce to the fish and mix well. Coat with potato starch and deep fried until golden brown.
- Dish out curry into a bowl and place deep fried fish on top. Serve.
- For soups without coconut milk or cream, using a stick blender instead of pounding speeds up the process and yields the same aroma and flavours from the spices.