- In a pester and mortar, pound white peppercorns until fine, add garlic and coriander stems and grind until fine. Add half of the paste to the chunky prawns to mix and marinate.
- In a pan, add oil to saute the prawns chunks until cooked through. Deglaze the pan with some of the stock until all the paste is unstuck, remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add oil the sear the whole prawns until brown and cooked through.
- In a pot, bring the stock to boil, add the remaining paste and let it simmer for 2 mins.
- Season the stock with fish sauce and soy sauce. Taste and adjust to suit your taste.
- Before serving, bring the broth to boil then add the cooked rice and prawns chunks and simmer for 2 mins.
- Dish to a bowl and top with whole prawns and fried garlic. Garnish with coriander and serve immediately.