- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients with chicken, and set aside to marinate for at least 20 mins.
- In a wok, add oil and heat over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic and let it sear on one side until browned. Then toss them all together and cook until done. Remove them from the wok and set aside.
- Add soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and tang chai (optional) and toss until well combined. Add in the noodles and mix well again until they are coated in oil.
- Still on high heat, spread the noodles out in the wok and let them sit for about 15-30 secs, until some of the noodles have browned. Once the noodles are toasted on one side, flip noodles over to the other side let it brown. Repeat until the noodles are crisp and browned to your liking. Add chicken, spring onions and white pepper, and toss to combine.
- To cook the runny egg, crack an egg on top of the noodles, sprinkle about 1 tbsp of water over the noodles and cover wok with lid. Leave to cook for about 30 secs or until egg white is no longer transparent.
- Remove from heat and serve on a plate lined with romaine lettuce and Sriracha sauce on the side.