- In a large saucepan, add 1½ cups water, cook rice and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into a few pieces and boil them until they have cooked through. Set aside to cool off.
- Add butter, garlic, onion and capsicum to the stockpot. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 3-4 mins. Stir in ginger until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Whisk in curry paste until well combined, about 1 min. Gradually whisk in coconut milk and vegetable stock and cook, whisking constantly until incorporated, about 1-2 mins.
- Shred chicken breast. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8-10 mins.
- Stir in rice, shredded chicken, lime juice and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.