- First we’ll need to prepare the Thai sticky rice. Dry fry the uncooked Thai sticky rice in an un-oiled pan until golden brown and blend in a processor to get a fine powder. Set aside for later.
- Fry your minced pork in a pan until cooked all the way through. Make sure to break up the pork into smaller pieces. When the pork is done remove the pan from the heat.
- Now add your powdered Thai sticky rice, the chilli powder, sugar and fish sauce to the pork. Also squeeze in some lime juice and mix well
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan – shallots, coriander leaves, spring onions, and mint leaves – and mix well. Make sure the pork and all the herbs are well mixed and evenly distributed.
- Taste the salad and adjust it to your liking with more chilli flakes, lime juice, or fish sauce.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with more mint leaves, coriander leaves and even some Thai basil leaves.