- Combine fish sauce and ground black pepper in a large ceramic bowl. Add beef steak. Turn to coat in marinade and set aside for 5 mins.
- Heat a barbecue hotplate or chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Cook marinated beef for 2-3 mins per side until lightly charred or tender, then allow to rest.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a frying pan, stir-fry green curry paste, carrot and green beans for 2 mins.
- Add coconut milk, water, sugar and fish sauce and bring to a boil. Once boiled, reduce to a simmer for 3 mins.
- Add basil leaves and stir through. Pour sauce over beef to serve.