To Prep Cashew Nuts & Chillies
- In a pot, heat ¾ cup of oil on medium heat.
- Deep-fry cashew nuts until lightly golden (the cashew nuts will continue cooking even after they are taken out from the oil). Set aside.
- Deep-fry dried chillies for 10 secs, set aside.
To Cook Tempeh
- Coat tempeh with flour then deep fry in 2 cups of oil until golden brown, set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium-high heat until the pan is hot.
- Add garlic and onion and stir fry for 1 min, then turn to high heat.
- Add capsicum then stir-fry for another 1 min.
- Add all sauces, chilli paste and water to the pan, mix well.
- Add tempeh and toss to coat the tempeh.
- Top with cashew nuts, spring onion, and fried chillies to serve.