To Cook Beef Broth
- In a big pot, add water and the beef bones then bring to boil. Skim off any foam on the surface. Once the foam are cleared, add star anise, black peppercorn, cinnamon, lemongrass, galangal, garlic, kaffir lime leaves and onion.
- Simmer for minimum 2 hrs and it’s possible to cool the stock and keep overnight.
- Prepare the dry rice noodles according to the directions on the package.
- Freeze the beef for 15 mins before slicing it thinly.
- Blanch the vegetables in a pot of boiling water with some oil and salt and set aside.
- In individual bowls, divide the rice noodles, raw beef and the blanched vegetables equally.
- Bring the broth to boil then ladle the broth onto the prepared bowl until the broth covers the raw beef.
- Add the Thai basil, coriander and chilli, serve with a lime wedge.