Thai BBQ Chicken
- Use a pestle and mortar to crush the coriander and cumin seed until it is in powder form then add coriander root, black pepper, garlic, shallot and lemon glass (add dried chili if desired). Crush all ingredients into a paste and add turmeric powder and mix through.
- Put the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and dark brown sugar in a bowl. Using a large spoon, mix all of the ingredients together until fully combined. Taste and adjust the sauce to suit your taste.
- Add paste to the bowl, then mix together.
- Put chicken pieces in the bowl. Wear gloves and massage all chicken and marinate in the sauce. Keep marinated chicken in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Cook chicken in the oven or BBQ stove until cooked through and serve with Thai spicy dipping sauce.
Thai Spicy Dipping Sauce (Nam Jim Jiew)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Adjust the taste, the sauce should be predominantly salty, sour and spicy.