- Rinse and dry chicken wing pieces with kitchen towel.
- Mix all marinade ingredients (with only ¼ cup of honey) together in a measuring cup.
- Marinate the chicken wings in ¼ cup of the marinade mix for 30 mins at room temperature.
- With the rest of the marinade mix, add the sliced spring onions, red pepper flakes and remaining honey, and set aside.
- After chicken wings have sat in the marinade, place them on a tray to drip dry.
- Meanwhile, line the inside of a large wok with aluminum foil. Once lined, add the tea smoking ingredients on top of the foil. Give it a good stir.
- Set wok over medium-high heat and cook tea mixture until it begins to release smoke. Then place a toasting/barbeque net on top to separate the tea smoking ingredients from the wings.
- Place chicken wings on toasting/barbeque net. Cover and cook/smoke for 10 mins. Switch off fire and let the chicken wings sit for another 20 mins before removing from the wok.
- Place smoked wings on tray and grill in preheated broiler or air fry till wings turned golden brown.
- Coat grilled wings with the remaining marinade mixture and serve hot.