- In a large bowl, mix together flour, dashi powder, eggs and water until well combined.
- Next, add the octopus, mushrooms, pickled ginger and spring onion to batter and mix well.
- Oil your preheated pan (here a mini pie maker was used).
- Pour large spoonfulls of batter onto your pan (or into the pie maker molds) and cook on high heat for around 10 mins, or until the outside is golden and the bites are cooked through. If making flat bites, flip the bites at around 5 mins.
- To serve, top bites with a drizzle of wasabi mayonnaise, okonomi sauce and a sprinkle of bonito shavings. Ponzu dipping sauce is optional.