- Place the sweet potatoes in to a steamer and steam for 10 mins or until they become soft.
- Transfer the potatoes in to a large bowl and mash them in to a puree.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, sugar and baking powder and mix well. Add this mixture in to the bowl with the sweet potatoes and mix with a spatula until a soft dough begins to form.
- The dough should be soft but not sticky; if the dough is too sticky then add a bit more white rice flour.
- Pinch off enough dough to form a small ball about an inch in diameter and set aside. Repeat this process with the remaining dough.
- Heat up enough oil to fry the sweet potatoes over a medium heat. Fry the balls in batches for about 3 to 4 mins or until the balls have turned golden brown.
- The balls will have cooked through when they are floating. Remove the cooked balls from the oil and let drain to remove the excess oil. Repeat the cooking process until all of the balls have cooked.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!