To Prepare Sweet & Sour Tofu
- Rinse tofu block and let it sit on kitchen towel to absorb all the water or moisture for about 10-15 mins.
- Cut into 1 cm cubes in. Spread them out onto a tray and sprinkle with salt and let it marinade for 10 mins. Sprinkle corn flour over and mix them up to coat.
- Heat up frying pan on medium heat with 2 tbsp of oil and pan fry tofu cubes (about 10 mins) turning all sides until golden and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same frying pan with remaining oil, sauté the onion and garlic for 1 min.
- Mix all of the sweet and sour sauce ingredients together, then pour over and stir till bubbling.
- Toss in the onions, capsicums, pineapple and fried tofu pieces and stir to coat with sauce. Serve hot.