- Marinate chicken cubes with 2 tsp fish sauce and a dash of pepper for 20 mins.
- Heat frying pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the cubed firm tofu till slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same frying pan fry the string beans for 3-4 mins, remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the same pan and fry the capsicums for 3-4 mins, remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tsp oil into the same hot pan and sauté the ginger for 30 secs, then add in the garlic and stir for 30 secs till slightly brown and toss in the cut chillies. Stir for a few secs then toss in the fermented black beans and fry for 30 secs.
- Add in the cubed chicken and fry till 70% cooked, add in the black soy sauce, stir till meat is covered with black soy sauce.
- Toss in the fried capsicums, string beans and lastly, the fried tofu and stir for 1 min.
- Add the remaining fish sauce and pepper for taste.
- Lastly, add in the roasted cashew nuts and give a good stir.
- Dish up and serve with hot rice.