- In a large container, combine the clams, 1 tbsp of salt and enough water to cover the clams.
- Let the clams soak in the water for at least 2 hours before draining them and rinsing them.
- After the clams have been rinsed, boil some water and pour them over the clams to open them slightly so that they release any of the dirt within them.
- In a large pan or wok, heat up about 2 tbsp of oil and stir-fry the ginger, chilli, garlic and white parts of the spring onions until they become fragrant.
- Add the clams in to the frying pan and season with the salt and Shaoxing wine before tossing the clams until all of the ingredients have combined.
- After the ingredients have been thoroughly combined, remove the clams from the pan and serve garnished with the rest of the spring onions.