- Cut the gourd into halves (lengthwise). Remove the seeds with a spoon. Make sure you get rid of all the seeds, otherwise the dish will be super bitter. Slice the flesh of the gourd into pieces (approximately 0.5cm thick).
- Wash the gourd with water. Add the water into the pot, wait until the water has boiled, then add the 1-2 tsp of salt into the water.
- Add the gourd pieces into the boiled salt water. Leave them there for approximately 10 mins to get rid of the bitterness.
- Meanwhile, heat the pan and add about 3 tbsp of cooking oil into the pan.
- Crack 3-4 eggs into the pan and use the spatula to scramble them. Transfer the scrambled egg into the plate when they are 80% cooked.
- Add about 1-2 tbsp of cooking oil and add 2 tsp of sliced garlic into the pan. Stir-fry the sliced garlic for 2-3 mins.
- Drain the boiled gourd, then add them into the pan. Add the scrambled egg and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 tsp of fish sauce, and ½ tsp of light soy sauce and stir-fry (making sure the sauces are evenly spread out).
- Add ¼ tsp of grounded pepper and ½ tsp of sugar into the pan. Stir-fry again (making sure the seasonings are evenly spread).
- Transfer the stir-fried bitter gourd with egg onto the serving plate.