- Add 1 tsp each of corn starch, oil, and soy sauce to the beef in a bowl. Use your hands to massage these ingredients into the beef and set aside to marinate for 20 mins.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add a tbsp of oil. When the oil starts to smoke, sear the beef for 30-60 secs, just until browned.
- Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add 2 more tbsp of oil to the wok along with the ginger. Let the ginger caramelize for 15 secs.
- Add the garlic and Chinese broccoli and stir fry for 1 min.
- Add the beef, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, sesame oil, and hot beef stock then stir fry until mixed thoroughly.
- Once the liquid comes to a boil, push the beef and vegetable away from the middle of the wok.
- Stir in the corn starch slurry to thicken the sauce. Mix everything until the beef and vegetables are thoroughly coated.
- Plate and serve over hot steamed rice.