To Prepare Sticky Pork Belly
- Slice pork belly to ¾” thick and 3” in length strips.
- In a cast iron pot, heat up chicken stock with the rest of the slow cook ingredients except salt and pepper. Arrange pork belly pieces into pot and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer for 1.5 hours or till soft, covered.
- Meanwhile, mix the glaze ingredients together in a bowl.
- Remove and drain pork belly pieces. Cut them into 1”chunks.
- In a frying pan, heat up 1 tbsp of oil and fry the pork belly chunks with some salt and pepper till them turn golden brown.
- Pour in the glaze and continue to fry the pork pieces till they turn dark and sticky.
- Serve while still hot.