- Place mixture ingredients in a large bowl and mix ingredients in a circular motion until well-combined.
- Place 2 tbsp of plain flour in a bag and add quail eggs to coat.
- Flatten 1 tbsp of the mixture onto the palm of your hand and place one quail egg in the middle of the mixture. Form the mixture into a ball around the quail egg. Repeat this step until all ingredients are used up.
- Heat cooking oil and shallow-fry the chicken balls until golden brown. Remove from pan and drain most of the oil.
- Sauté sliced shallots and garlic until fragrant. Add pepper, water and sweet soy sauce and bring to the boil.
- Condense liquid to half, add the chicken balls, coat and simmer until sauce is further reduced. Remove from heat and serve.