- In a steamer, steam 250g diced pumpkin for about 20 mins or until cooked through and soft. Let it cool for a few minutes and mash it until the mash is lump-free.
- Next, add sugar, rice flour and potato flour in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- While mixing, slowly pour in the coconut milk. Then add salt and about 15g of shredded coconut and mix well. Leave the rest of the shredded coconut for use as topping later.
- Pour batter into moulds or small bowls suitable for steaming. Fill them up until they are about ¾ full, and sprinkle the remaining shredded coconut on top of each mould.
- Steam for about 10-15 mins until they thicken and have a custard-like texture. Remove from steamer and serve warm. You can remove them from the moulds or just eat them directly from whatever you steamed them in.