- In a steamer, steam the diced pumpkin for about 20 mins or until cooked through and soft. Let it cool for a few minutes and then mash it until it a nice, soft puree.
- When the pumpkin has cooled, add in the sugar, rice flour and potato flour and mix thoroughly.
- While mixing, slowly pour in the coconut milk and then add the salt and about half of the shredded coconut and mix well.
- Pour the batter into moulds or small bowls suitable for steaming. Fill them up until they are about ¾ full and sprinkle the remaining shredded coconut on top of each mould.
- Steam for about 10-15 mins until they thicken and have a custard-like texture.
- When the cakes have finished steaming, remove them from the steamer and serve!