To Make the Steamed Egg
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Add 500ml water, sesame oil and salt. Whisk and pour through a sieve, dividing evenly into 2 steam-proof dishes.
- In the wok or steamer, steam the egg mixture on high heat for 3 mins. Then, turn off the heat and let it sit for 20 mins. Do not remove the lid.
To Make the Pork and Mushroom Topping
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and fry until fragrant.
- Add pork and stir fry until almost cooked.
- Add in sliced shiitake mushrooms, then soy sauces and stir through.
- Once pork is cooked, remove from heat and stir through sesame oil.
- Top steamed egg with pork and mushroom, then garnish with sliced spring onion. Serve!