- Combine all the filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the pastry with one corner pointing at you. Add a spoonful of filling across the pastry closest to you and fold the pastry over the filling
- Roll the pastry tightly over the filling towards the middle, then bring both sides to the centre and continue to roll the pastry to the edge. Apply a little bit of flour paste to seal the end.
- Deep fry at 190°C until golden brown.
- Serve wrapped with lettuce and Vietnamese dipping sauce. Note: Spring rolls can be made in advance and kept frozen until required, to be cooked from frozen in hot oil at 190°C.