To Prep Prawns
- Wash prawns and sprinkle with salt. Leave to sit for 10 mins. Wash away salt and let prawns drip dry.
- Butterfly the prawns. Start off by using a pair of scissors to make a slit at the top of the prawn in the middle of the shell lengthways. Devein prawns. Following that slit, use a knife and slice along the spine of the prawn from the top all the way to the bottom.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together except lime and bird’s eye chillies.
- Brush prawn flesh with sauce and lay them on the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 8-10 mins at 180°C and baste with more sauce midway.
- Cook the remaining sauce in a saucepan and add lime juice when the sauce starts bubbling. Pour into a small serving bowl and with sliced bird’s eye chillies.
- To serve, cut the pineapple into tiny cubes. Place air-fried prawns on top of the pineapple cubes.