- Rinse tofu block and let it sit on kitchen towel to absorb all the water or moisture for about 10-15 mins. Cut into half (length wise) and sliced into square with 1 cm in thickness.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a mixing jug and set aside.
- Heat up frying pan on medium heat with 2 tbsp of oil and pan fry tofu slices until golden and crispy (about 10 mins) and turn over and do the same for the other side. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add in remaining oil and sauté the onion and garlic for 3-4 mins then add in the spring onion and fry for another 2 mins.
- Pour in the sauce and stir until it boils.
- Add in fried tofu pieces in and let it simmer for 5 mins, covered. Turn off the heat and drizzle sesame oil and give it a quick stir. Garnish with toasted sesame and chopped spring onions. Serve with hot white rice.