- Preheat an oven to 250°C.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the beef cheeks in batches until they have all been browned, then set aside.
- Place the beef cheeks in a baking dish and add in the remaining ingredients. Add more water to cover the beef cheeks in needed.
- Cover the dish with a lid and place it in the oven. Reduce the oven to 140°C and cook for about 4 hrs or until the cheeks have become fork-tender.
- Once the cheeks have finished cooking, pour the liquid from the baking dish into a pan and reduce over a high heat.
- Once the sauce has reduce, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the beef cheeks with sauce and steamed rice.