- In a big pot, add oil and stir-fry prawn heads until aromatic.
- Add water and paste into pot and bring to boil.
- Add spare ribs and cook on medium heat for 30 mins. Remove spare ribs.
- Cook prawns in the soup and remove prawns when fully cooked.
- In a separate pot of boiling water, blanch the bean sprouts until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Blanch the water spinach until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Place rice vermicelli and yellow noodles into serving bowls, top with hot soup.
- Add bean sprouts, water spinach, egg, spare ribs and prawns. Garnish with fried shallots.