- Place the teriyaki marinade, ginger, mushrooms & stock in a small saucepan and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add in the agar agar and simmer until dissolved constantly stirring.
- Once dissolved, pour the teriyaki sauce mix into a 20cm square pan. Leave to cool and set.
- Meanwhile, combine the tofu, shiitake mushrooms, garlic chives, ginger and soy sauce, set aside.
- Once teriyaki sauce mix has set, cut the jellied sauce into 1 cm cubes.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll the Gow Gee wrappers to make them slightly thinner, then fill with 1-2 tsp of the shiitake mushroom and tofu mixture, and 1-2 cubes of the jellied teriyaki sauce. Pleat the top and twist to enclose the filling.
- Place in a lightly oiled steamer and steam until cooked through and translucent.
- To make the batter, mix the flour, beaten egg and chilled soda water lightly.
- Lightly dust the vegetables with plain flour, dip in the batter and cook in hot oil until crisp. Allow to drain on kitchen paper.
- Mix the Kewpie mayonnaise, lime juice & wasabi paste (to taste).
- Arrange the dumplings and tempura-battered vegetables on a platter with spoons.
- Serve with lime and wasabi mayonnaise for dipping and garnish with radish, cucumber ribbons and spring onion curls.