- Cut the pork belly into 3⁄4 inch thick pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch the pork for a couple of minutes. Take the pork out and set it aside.
- Add oil and sugar to the wok over low heat. Melt the sugar slightly and add the pork. Raise the heat to medium and cook until the pork is lightly browned.
- Turn the heat back down to low and add cooking wine, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and water.
- Cover and simmer for about 45 mins to 1 hour until pork is fork tender. Stir it every 5-10 mins to prevent burning and add more water if it gets too dry.
- Stir continuously until the sauce has reduced to a glistening coating.
- Ready to serve.