To Make the Water Dough
- Using an electric mixer, combine all water dough ingredients until soft and smooth. Rest covered for 30 mins. Divide into 10 equal portions.
To Make the Pastry Dough
- With a spatula, mix all ingredients until well combined. Cover and place in the fridge for 15 mins. Divide into 10 equal portions and roll into balls.
To Make the Pancake
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Prepare a baking tray by lining with baking paper.
- For each portion, roll the water dough flat and wrap a pastry dough ball inside. Seal the water dough.
- Using your palm to flatten the dough, then roll it to a 3mm oval. Fold in half and roll into a coil.
- Turn the dough on its side, flatten again with your palm and roll into an oval ready to bake.
- Arrange the doughs on a lined baking tray. Brush water lightly on the surface and sprinkle sesame seeds generously on top and press lightly into the dough.
- Bake for 18 mins or until light golden brown. Serve with Chinese doughnut.