- Soak noodle in water for 1 hr. Drain and set aside.
- Stir-fry turnip, dried shrimp and red onion with oil over low heat until fragrant.
- Add prawns and stir-fry over high heat until cooked and add fish sauce.
- Stir in noodle and add Pad Thai paste, tamarind paste, palm sugar and vinegar into the mixture. Stir fry until all ingredients are well-mixed; add a little water if too dry. Eggs can be added at this stage for a smoother taste.
- Add bean sprouts and garlic chives. Stir through quickly. Sprinkle roasted peanuts and lime (optional) before serving hot as a meal.