To Make the Omelette
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour in egg mixture. Cook until set, popping any air bubbles with a knife. Flip over and cook other side.
- Remove from pan and slice into thin strips. Set aside.
To Make the Sarawak Laksa Paste
- Add chillies, shallots, garlic, lemongrass, candlenuts, ginger, galangal, coriander, cumin, tamarind puree, water and oil into a food processor or blender. Blitz to make a smooth paste.
- Heat a pot or pan over medium heat. Pour in the paste and cook for 40 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, curry powder, paprika and salt, and cook for 5 mins, stirring constantly.
- Set paste aside.
To Make the Soup
- Add water to a pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the prawns. Cook for 2-3 mins or until pink and cooked through, then remove and set aside.
- Add chicken breast and poach for 5-7 mins or until cooked. Remove chicken and cool before shredding with a fork.
- Add laksa paste and reserved prawn shells and heads.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 mins.
- Strain the stock to remove prawn heads, shells and other impurities, and bring the stock to a boil again.
- Add coconut milk to the soup and season with salt and sugar to taste.
To Assemble Dish
- Soak vermicelli according to the packet instructions. Then, blanch together with the Hokkien noodles for 1 min. Drain and place into bowls.
- Blanch the bean sprouts for 30 secs. Drain and place onto top of noodles.
- Top with chicken meat, cooked prawns, omelette strips.
- Finally, ladle soup over until all the ingredients are covered. Garnish with coriander and serve with a lime wedge.