- Start off by making some chicken stock in a stockpot. Add the chicken and water and let it simmer for an hour over medium heat.
- Remove from stock when the chicken is fully cooked and separate the meat from the bones. Reserve the meat.
- Next, devein the prawns then set the head and shells aside. Poach the prawn flesh in the stock, remove it and reserve for later.
- Add the prawn heads and shells into the stock and let them cook for at least 30 mins. The longer the shells and stock infuse, the better the taste.
- Next, mix in the Sarawak Laksa paste and ensure that the paste is fully incorporated into the stock.
- Strain the stock to remove prawn heads, shells, and other impurities and bring the stock back to heat.
- Add coconut milk to the soup and season with salt and sugar to taste.
- Soak vermicelli according to the packet instructions. Then, blanch together with the yellow noodles for a minute. Drain and set aside.
- Blanch the bean sprouts for about 1 min. Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan, make a simple omelette with the eggs by slightly beating and thinly frying it. Slice into thin strips of about ½ cm in width.
- Portion out the noodles into bowls.
- Add chicken meat, cooked prawns, egg and bean sprouts.
- Finally, ladle the boiling soup over until all the ingredients are covered. Garnish with mint leaves, calamansi, and coriander.