- Combine Ingredients A in a mixing bowl and mix well. Alternatively, use an electric mixer to beat mixture for a couple of minutes, until fully combined and fluffy. Be careful not to over beat.
- Add Ingredients B into a bowl, then, use a spoon to push and sift mixture through a medium coarse sieve.
- Now, combine A and B until the flour mixture is totally absorbed into the butter mixture. Cover mixing bowl with cling wrap and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line baking trays with baking paper.
- Lightly dust surface with flour. Take a handful of the dough, and roll into 3-4mm thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut into individual cookies.
- Arrange cookies on the baking tray and brush with egg yolk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 15 mins, or until golden brown in the oven preheated to 170°C.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.