- Wash eggs and drain well. Set aside to dry.
- In a pot place salt, water, star anise and sichuan peppercorn. Bring it to a boil until salt dissolves. Let it cool completely and add shaoxing wine.
- In a clean and dry glass jar, place all eggs carefully and pour in the cooled brine mixture.
- Leave it brining at room temperature for approximately 5 weeks. Make sure the eggs are completely submerged into the brine and the jar is sealed tightly.
- Take an egg to check for readiness after 5 weeks. If the weather is hot, the eggs will be ready sooner. Salted eggs can be kept for a few weeks in the fridge.