- Remove veins from the prawns, snip off the pointed ends on the heads and tails. Trim off the legs. Rinse and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a saucepan or wok. Deep fry prawns for about 30 secs, then remove.
- Let the oil heat up again before returning the prawns to deep-fry further. Repeat 3 times, remove and drain well.
- Place garlic, chilli and spring onion into a large bowl. Pour in about ⅓ cup hot oil to cook until fragrant.
- Add fried prawns and seasonings. Stir briskly to combine well. Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately.