- Peel pineapple skin and remove eyes and core. Cut pineapple into small pieces.
- Blender pineapple pieces in batches till fine grainy paste.
- Pour blended pineapple into a stainless steel pot.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring from time to time.
- You will notice paste starting to foam on top as it cooks. (this is normal!)
- In about 20 mins through cooking, paste start to thicken slightly.
- In half an hour you will notice paste reduced to almost half and thickens. add sugar and it will turn watery again. Stir to combine paste well.
- Cook till pineapple paste almost turned dry. Taste and add more sugar if required.
- Turn to low heat and continue stirring occasionally so it does not get burnt at the bottom.
- When the pineapple jam turn to a deep golden colour, remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Store in a glass jar and refrigerate. Enjoy your pineapple jam!