- Combine the mayonnaise with the yuzu juice and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine all of the poaching ingredients except for the lamb brains. Bring them to a boil and let simmer for about 15 mins.
- Carefully place the lamb brains in to the pot and let them poach for about 5 mins.
- Remove the lamb brains from the pot and let them drain on a wire rack or paper towels. When the brains are cool enough to handle, halve them and remove any unwanted pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the flour, salt and pepper, and whisk together. In another small bowl, combine the eggs and the milk and mix thoroughly. Finally, in a large mixing bowl pour in the breadcrumbs.
- Coat a lobe in the flour mixture before dredging it in the egg and then crumbing it with the panko breadcrumbs.
- Return the brain back in to the egg and then back in to the panko to add another layer to the crust. Repeat this process with the remaining lobes.
- In a large pot, pour enough oil to deep fry the brains. Heat the oil over a high heat until it reaches 180°C.
- Fry the brains in batches until the crust becomes a deep brown colour. Drain the brains on a wire rack or paper towels to remove the excess oil.
- Serve with the yuzu mayonnaise.