- Set oven to heat-up at 150°C.
For Ingredients B
- Mix egg yolk, sugar, oil, coconut milk and pandan paste into a bowl. Then, sieve self-raising flour into the bowl, and use a spatula to mix evenly with egg yolk mixture.
For Ingredients A (Meringue)
- Add 7 egg whites to the mixing bowl, and beat the egg white until frothy. Add cream of tartar and sugar, and turn up the speed to high and whisk for another 3 mins, until it just reaches stiff peak, with a glossy look. Do not overbeat the meringue or the batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in ingredient B into ingredient A mixture in 3 batches, and mix well.
- Transfer the cake into an ungreased tube pan and bake at 150°C for 50-60 mins. If the top of the cake cracks or becomes too brown, place a sheet of aluminium foil over it and continue baking.
- Once baked, invert the pan and place it on a raised wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding.