To Prep Syrup
- Combine sugar and water in a small sauce pot. Cook on low heat and simmer for few minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool down. Set aside.
To Prep Rice Cakes
- Combine sweet rice flour and salt in a bowl.
- Slowly add hot water and mix with a wooden spoon until the dough has cooled.
- Knead the dough with hand until it became smooth; divide it into 10 equal-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Press each rice cake ball into a disc about 6-7 cm wide in diameter.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add in vegetable oil, swirl the pan to coat the surface. Once it’s heated up, turn the heat to very low.
- Put the dough on the pan and pan fry them for a few minutes. When the bottoms are slightly crispy turn them over and flatten them out with a spatula. Cook for another few more minutes.
- Place edible flowers on top of each rice cake, flip them over and press them down for 2 secs so that the flower gets slightly cooked and sticks to the cake. Don’t overcook the edible flowers. Take it out from the pan and serve with syrup drizzle on the rice cake.