To Make the Dough
- Add instant yeast into water, stir and let it sit for 5 mins.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Open a well in flour and slowly pour in the yeast water. With a spatula, mix all the flour into dough. Pour over floured area and gently knead the dough into a smooth ball by pressing dough down with the heel of palm and bring it back. Mould into a round ball.
- Let dough rest in bowl covered with damp cloth for 30 mins or till it has risen to double the size.
- Use index finger to poke into dough. If it does not spring back means its ready.
- Roll out into a log and cut into 16 portions (about 30g each) and roll them into balls.
- Cover with a damp cloth to avoid dough from drying up.
To Make the Filling
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix them together till well combined.
- Divide filling into 16 portions.
To Make Beef Buns
- Take a dough ball and roll out into a circle with the sides thinner than the centre.
- Put a portion of filling and using your right hand fingers, crimp the sides together where towards the end, using your left thumb press the filling in while bringing the rest of the skin together. Pinch the end to seal.
- Heat up frying pan with 2-3 tbsp of oil and fry the buns with the seam side down over medium fire. With a flat spatula, press the bun down to flatten the top.
- Fry each side for about 5-6 mins or until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve the buns hot with some Chinese black vinegar.