- BBQ or Pre-heated Oven 190c
- Place chicken on a board breast side down and cut down both sides of the backbone using poultry shears or kitchen scissors. Discard backbone.
- Turn chicken over and press firmly on the breastbone to flatten. Place chicken in a non-metallic dish.
- Combine the Valcom Pad Thai Paste, oil, lime, Squid Brand Fish Sauce, chilli, kaffir lime leaves and coconut sugar in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and coat well. Allow to marinate several hours or overnight.
- Place the chicken in the pre-heated BBQ or Oven 190c for 50 mins or until juices run clear.
- Serve on a board covered with banana leaf garnish with fresh basil leaves and lime wedges.
- Your pad Thai BBQ butterfly chicken dish is ready!
- Notes: This marinade is also delicious with Pork or Lamb shoulder.