- Cook rice in a rice cooker or over the stove according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok over medium heat, then fry eggs sunny side up. Remove from wok and set aside.
- In a pestle and mortar, grind the chillies and garlic.
- Add them to the hot wok with more oil over a medium heat and saute until fragrant.
- Add the minced meat and break them apart in to smaller granules.
- Once the mince has cooked through, add the dark soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and oyster sauce and mix.
- If the mince gets too dry, add water if needed.
- Once the sauce has been thoroughly combined, remove from the heat and add the basil leaves.
- Serve with rice and a fried egg!