- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Season minced beef and pork with salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Wrap tofu firmly with several layers of paper towel. Put a plate or cutting board over the wrapped tofu. Set aside for at least 5 mins.
- Sauté brown onions over medium-high heat until onions are tender. Set aside.
- Remove wrapped tofu and gently mash into coarse crumbs into a large bowl.
- Mix sautéed onions and the rest of the ingredients with Tofu while adjusting the firmness with bread crumbs. Reduce / increase amount of bread crumbs depending on the firmness of the mixture.
- Divide mixture into 150g patties. Heat oil to medium heat and pan fry both sides of the patties, then place them onto a baking sheet on an oven tray.
- Place patties in the oven for 15-20 mins or until cooked.
- Sauté mushroom mix in a pan with butter.
- Place sautéed mushroom and baked patties onto a plate. Garnish with grated daikon and chives. Serve with Obento Ponzu Sauce.