- Season the chicken pieces with ¼ tsp of salt. Mix well and set aside.
To Cook Fried Rice
- Heat cooking oil in a wok on high until smoking hot. Add in the garlics and shallots, sauté until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Add in the chicken pieces and carrots, stir for about 2 mins until the meat is cooked and carrots are soft.
- Add in the ketchup, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add in the rice and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Remove from heat and pack the rice into bowls.
To Make Omelette
- Add the omelette seasonings and cornflour mixture into the beaten eggs, mix well.
- In a non-stick fry pan, heat oil over medium heat. Hold the pan away from heat and pour in the eggs. Swirl the pan to make the omelette thin and large. Place the pan back on the heat and cook on low for 20 secs.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan and cook for 1 min.
To Wrap Fried Rice
- Place a bowl of rice at the center of the omelette, fold the 4 edges to wrap the rice.
- Hold a plate over the omelette fried rice and flip it over.
- Serve wrapped or cut open, garnish with coriander and chillies.