- Wash the mung beans a few times until water is clear, soak for 3-4 hrs or overnight. Rinse and drain the mung beans.
- Mix the Sweet Mixture ingredients and set aside.
- Put a cheesecloth or napkin on a steamer, and pour in the mung beans. Steam until it’s soft and cooked, about 25 mins. Remove and cool on a cookie sheet.
- Steam the shredded coconut about 5 mins until soft. Mix into the mung beans, and set aside.
To Make Rice Crepes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour with water and salt. Knead into a dough.
- Divide and roll the dough into small crepe pieces, dusting each slice with flour to prevent from sticking. Set aside.
- Boil a pot of water and cook a few slices of the crepes at a time. They are cooked when they float. Spoon out one at a time and remove as much excess water as you can. Lay them flat on the mung bean mixture, and make sure they don’t overlap each other. Let cool.
- Add the mung bean mixture on each crepe. Fold the crepes in half like tacos, and arrange on a serving dish. Serve with the sweet mixture.