- Preheat an oven to 200°C.
- Combine the seasoning ingredients in to a large baking dish and mix well until fully combined.
- Score the pork belly and then rub the oil and salt in to the skin.
- Place the pork belly in to the baking dish with the seasoning, ensuring that the skin remains above the mixture.
- Place the baking dish in to the oven and roast the pork for about 40 minutes or until the skin becomes crispy. If the mixture gets too low, top it up with water.
- Continue to roast the pork for another 30 minutes or till the meat has cooked through.
- Remove the pork belly from the oven and transfer it to a cutting board to rest, covered with aluminium foil.
- Pour the remaining soy mixture in to a pan and bring to a boil before lowering to a simmer and cooking until the sauce has a syrup like consistency.
- Slice the pork belly thinly before returning the slices back in to the sauce. Stir to coat the slices in the sauce.
- Serve with a bowl of rice or with steamed vegetables!