To Make Miso Glaze
- Combine miso paste, mirin and sugar into a stainless-steel based pot. Heat on a medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to keep warm.
To Make Beetroot Hummus
- Combine cooked beetroot, garlic & chickpeas to a food processor and blend for 1 min. Add lemon juice, oil & tahini then blend until combined. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
To Make Tempura Batter
- Sift flour twice and place in a mixing bowl. Add ice cubes to water to chill water, once chilled strain out ice and mix one cup iced water with the egg. Combine water and egg mix to flour, lightly stir until combined. For a good quality batter avoid over mixing.
To Cook Zucchini
- Heat vegetable oil to 180°C, add zucchini strips to tempura, stir to ensure they are evenly coated. Scatter the coated zucchini into the heated oil ensuring pot is not over loaded. Fry until crisp for approximately 2-3 mins. Remove from the oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Place a generous dollop of beetroot hummus to desired serving plate, mix miso glaze with tempura zucchini and place on beetroot. Place 3 large dollops of yuzu mayo on the plate and garnish with flat parsley and baby cos leaves.